Compliance Officer – European Warehouse Ltd (m/f/d)
UK-Based / Part-Time / Native English-Speaker
ARE YOU A TRAILBLAZER?
European DataWarehouse Limited (EDW Ltd.) is an entity established in the UK as the subsidiary of the successful EU securitisation repository European DataWarehouse GmbH. While EDW Ltd.’s operations in the UK are still small any new employee is part of a team of colleagues from around the world.
Despite the geographic separation we work as a team to identify and meet the needs of our clients. We strive to build trust in the market and to do so we often go the so-called “extra mile.”
Our team is revered for its professional expertise and highly valued by our clients.
We appreciate each other’s unique perspectives, contributions, experiences, and ideas and are all treated equally, regardless of age, gender, religion or professional experience.
At European DataWarehouse all employees are involved in the decision-making process and team members are encouraged to express their opinions freely. Due to the collaborative nature of the company, we operate with flat hierarchies and an open-door policy.
- Implement and manage an effective compliance program based on FCA requirements
- First contact person for FCA for all relevant questions.
- Advise and inform management and board on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports
- Provide advice on regulatory questions with a special focus on UK law
- Advise in compliance matters, both in day-to-day operations as well as for projects
- Coordinate and monitor measures in the area of compliance, especially as it pertains to regulatory compliance
- Regularly review company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risks
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk
- Monitor changes in relevant regulatory and legal requirements and be responsible for ensuring that employees are properly informed
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and compliance policies and procedures
- Liaise with the Compliance Officer of the parent company on a regular basis
Your skills, knowledge and interest:
- Degree with a focus on law, commercial law, or a comparable course of study
- Experience of relevant compliance experience in financial services
- Must have a compliance certification
- Excellent knowledge of European financial regulations is a plus
- Understanding of UK laws and UK regulations impacting the compliance risks of securitisation repository services, especially laws and regulations regarding regulatory disclosure as well as compliance risks
- Previous experience advising and mitigating on legal risks.
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Native level verbal and written communication skills in English is mandatory.
- Additional fluency in a major European language is beneficial
- Good knowledge of MS-Office
- The opportunity to work in a data-driven market-leading company
- Above market salary
- Performance-related bonuses based on individual objectives and company results
- 30 days of holiday as well as half-day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- A participatory leadership style with success measured by clearly defined objectives
- Individual training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and mobile working
- Eligibility: We only accept applications with the eligibility to work in the UK
- Working time: Part-time (20 hours)
- Place: London (UK)
READY TO START?
To join our team, send us your complete application including your salary expectation and your earliest possible start date to the following email address:
For any further inquiries please contact Kerstin Krause at +49 (0) 69 50986 9322
Converting Data into Market Trust
European DataWarehouse Ltd. (EDW Ltd.) is the subsidiary of Europe’s first central data repository for collecting standardised and asset class specific loan level data (LLD) for Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) transactions. Following the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union EDW Ltd. has been established to continue serving UK issuers of ABS transactions meeting their regulatory reporting obligations.