Legal Advisor (m/f/d)
Are you a trailblazer?
EDW’s team is made up of a diverse mixture of colleagues from around the world. We work as a team to identify and meet the needs of our clients. We strive to build trust in the market and to do so we often go the so-called “extra mile”.
Our team is revered for its professional expertise and highly valued by our clients. While English is our official operating language, our international team enables is to be able to advise our clients in more than 16 languages.
Our team appreciates the unique perspectives, contributions, experiences and ideas of one another. We are all treated equally, regardless of age, gender, religion or professional experience.
At EDW all employees are able to be involved in the decision-making process and team members are encouraged to express their opinions freely. Due to the collaborative nature of the company, we are able to operate with flat hierarchies and an open-door policy.
Great Place To Work 2020
EDW is proud to announce that it has faced the judgment of its employees in the internationally proven certification process and is certified by Great Place to Work® for its experienced employer attractiveness.
The award stands for credible, fair leadership and active employee development. Respect, trust, pride, and team spirit are largely part of the corporate culture.
- Provide advice on different legal issues such as contractual questions as well as regulatory questions with a special focus on EU law as well as UK law.
- Advise in compliance and legal matters, both in day-to-day operations as well as for projects
- Coordinate and monitor measures in the area of compliance, especially as it pertains to data protection laws
- Support business leaders in reviewing, structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts related to the Products & Platforms line of business, such as customer services agreements and statements of work, vendor and procurement agreements, technology licenses, reseller and partnership agreements and other matters tied to EDW’s customers, in light of internal policies, standard operating procedures and applicable laws.
- Manage the referral process to specialist law firms in relation to business matters
- Work with clients to proactively identify contract risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies and compliance with company policies and strategy
- Monitor changes in relevant legal requirements and be responsible for ensuring that all departments are properly informed. Passes on necessary information to internal departments
- Advise different business units with implementation of data protection and IT legal requirements for new products and areas of business.
Your skills, knowledge and interest:
- Degree with a focus on law, commercial law or a comparable course of study
- Experience of relevant legal experience in financial services
- Excellent knowledge of European financial and privacy regulations is a plus
- Well versed in handling financial services issues and contract texts as well as in the preparation of recommendations for management
- Understanding of EU & UK laws and EU & UK regulations impacting the contracting of commercial IT services, especially laws regarding data privacy and protection as well as compliance risk
- Previous experience advising and mitigating on legal risks.
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of the team.
- Native level verbal and written communication skills in English and German is mandatory.
- Additional fluency in Italian, French, or Spanish is beneficial
- Good knowledge of MS-Office
We Offer You:
- A secure workplace and an international work environment in Frankfurt
- Flat hierarchies and an open-door policy
- Open and active team culture with regular events
- The chance to develop professionally on a highly international and motivated team
- Interesting projects with practical and entrepreneurial experience
- Annual bonus based on results of individual objectives
- Benefits (30 days holidays, SODEXO benefits pass, JobTicket RMV (annual ticket for public transportation Zone Frankfurt 3) or JobRad, flexible working hours
- Budget for training
- Eligibility: We only accept applications with the eligibility to work in Europe
- Working time: part-time
- Place: Frankfurt (Germany)
Do you want to set up new standards with us?
Then join us and send us your complete application including your salary expectation and your possible earliest start date to the following email address:
For any further inquiries please contact Kerstin Krause at +49 (0) 69 50986 9322
Converting Data into Market Trust
European DataWarehouse (ED) is the first central data warehouse in Europe for collecting, validating and making available for download detailed, standardised and asset class specific loan level data (LLD) for Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) transactions. Developed, owned and operated by the market, ED helps to facilitate risk assessment and to improve transparency standards for European ABS deals.